Friday, February 27, 2009

Update...

Its been a while since I updated the blog a bit. There has been a lot going on in the FML community as well as in StJohn. For starters there has been an affiliate scheme now in FML to reward people who are promoting the game :) This will be a welcome to all people who are actively writing blogs and promoting the game via any electronic media. Next up cam the decision on the part of SEGA/SI, to stop the launch of new GWs and fill up the existing GWs. Whilst this has been a matter of great debate, personally I find this as a great move. The best of FML experience comes from a world which has a few experienced users. And it is always a challenge to compete with the existing users and then beat them at their game. That has been proved from FML BETA itself :)

And if that wasnt all, the payment scheme of FML has been revamped. There is a further new payment plan for a new 2 year subscription, and Im really tempted to extend my account right itself. Also I believe to encourage people who have difficulties paying the entire amount in one go, there is a new easy monthly payment scheme, which I believe will bring in even more people.

In StJohn things have been as busy as it can get. We've got a new bunch of 400+ users and we almost always have around 50+ managers online. With the peak of 200+ around in the weekend evenings. There have been appointments of new FA Organisers for many of the existing FAs. To my delight, I was made the Fed Organiser of my own FA, the WCA. Add to that fact, new journalists have been appointed across many of the FAs. I, myself have appointed two more journalists to assist me, and encourage more participation across the FA.

StJohn is currently flourishing, and although as predicted, there is more money now than in the previous season, and we've already seen some outrageous transfers (a 17 y/o went for 1.4mill) and some crazy wages for 15/16 y/o regens, I suppose it is to be expected since inflation does slowl come into a GW. Ive got currently 2 million in the bank, but that isnt worth as much as it was in season 1, sadly. But hopefully, the crazy wage bids would subside soon, and I hope it wont be a precedent set to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment